Orange Pavona Maldivensis
Pavona are commonly referred to as Cactus Corals as several of their growth forms resemble cacti. They are a fast growing SPS Coral and can quickly form a large colony from a single frag. They are considered one of the easiest SPS corals to care for.These corals form thin plates as branches that are covered with polyps giving it a fuzzy appearance. Its color varies from shades of light and dark brown to green with cream or white margins. They have a fluorescent glow that can be seen beneath the polyps, giving these corals an interesting look.
- Sicentific Name: Pavona maldivensis
- Origin:INDO,FIJI AND TONGA
- FOOD: Micro-plankton or brine shrimp when the tentacles are visible
- Care:Strong water flow and low to moderate light level
- Approximate Size:2 to 3inche,md 3 to 4 inches,lg 4 to 6inches