Given the right environment, specifically with smaller and docile tank mates like gobies and dwarf angels, it will start feeding within days when fed brine shrimp, brine shrimp plus flakes, and further progressing to regular frozen foods and a certain brand of cichlid pellets which this species seem to crave. With a hostile environment with fellow large angels, puffers, triggers, and certain clowns, it will almost certainly fail to acclimate and slowly die of starvation due to its shyness to start feeding.
- Scientific Name: Pygoplites diacanthus
- Origin: Fiji, Indonesia, Madagascar, Maldives, Red Sea, Vanuatu
- Lifespan: 15 years
- Max Size: 8-12 inches
- Food: brine shrimp, flake, frozen
- Required Tank Size: 125+ gallons
- Shipping Size: 1 to 5 inches